Mark Shaiken lives with his wife Loren and their dog Emily in Denver, CO. He schooled at Haverford College and Washburn University, and practiced commercial bankruptcy law for several decades before moving on in 2019 to write, volunteer and play music.
Mark has written three legal thrillers to date: Fresh Start, Automatic Stay and Unfair Discrimination. Before getting into fiction, he wrote And . . Just Like That - essays on a life before, during, and after the law. Mark is currently working on his next book in his legal mystery series, titled Cram Down.
You can learn more about mark and his work at markshaikenauthor.com
TOPICS OF CONVERSATION
- About Unfair Discrimination and the inspiration behind the story
- Protagonists 3J and Pascale and the dynamics of their relationship
- Research around the Civil War and how it ties to the antagonist and his white nationalism ancestry
- Balancing bankruptcy terminology with a captivating storyline
- Mark's writing process and how he's grown as a novelist
- What's next for the series?
Amazon Blurb: A committee of creditors hires 3J, one of whom is the leader of a White Nationalist organization on the government’s domestic terrorist list. When the member realizes he will not get paid back everything he is owed, he blames 3J, a black attorney, and opposing counsel, a Jewish attorney. How far will the hater go to get paid back and what steps will he take to do so in the name of White Nationalism?
CONNECT WITH MARK SHAIKEN!
Check out the trailer for Unfair Discrimination
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.