May 15th, 2020
Diana Forbes is a 9th generation American, with ancestors on both sides of the Civil War. Diana Forbes lives and writes in Manhattan. When she is not cribbing chapters, Diana Forbes loves to explore the buildings where her 19th Century American ancestors lived, loved, survived and thrived. She is passionate about vintage clothing, antique furniture, ancestry, and vows to master the quadrille in her lifetime. Diana Forbes is the author of New York Gilded Age historical fiction.
For more information about Diana Forbes visit her website at www.DianaForbesNovels.com.
Topics of conversation:
- Being a Native New Yorker and finding traces of Old New York in today’s city
- The Gilded Age and the Women’s Suffrage Movement
- The Discipline of Writing
- Finding Your Community of Writers
- Writing Historical Fiction