J. Peter (Pete) Hoyer was born and raised in New York State, about 40 miles north of NYC. He graduated from the Citadel, Military College of SC, then served a 22-year career with the Army. He traveled throughout the United States, Europe, and South Korea. After retiring from the Army, he worked 20 more years as a civilian instructor with the Department of Defense, teaching logistics, transportation, and military tactics.
He has received many military and civilian awards and decorations but is most proud of being awarded the U.S. Army Transportation Corps Distinguished Member of the Regiment award.
Pete holds 2 Masters Degrees from Webster University and Troy State University in the study of Human Relations and Human Resource Management.
Pete is married, with 2 children and 2 grandchildren, and lives in Calabash, NC. “Characters on the Green” is his first published book.
For more information on Peter Hoyer and his book, “Characters on the Green” visit his website at www.charactersonthegreen.com.
Topics of conversation:
- How his sense of humor comes through in his writing style
- Humorous stories about some of the people he’s met on and off the golf course
- Life in the Army and meeting interesting characters from all over the world
- Marketing, book promotion and his next projects
- Advice to aspiring authors